Lovestruck Wedding Planning + Design are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and social media sharing;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, address, email address and telephone number;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address); and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website.
We will use the session cookies to:
- keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and
- temporarily store information, for your convenience, that you enter into forms on the website.
We will use the persistent cookies to:
- enable our website to recognise you when you visit; and
- enable you to select to be remembered by any password protected areas of our website, thereby enabling automatic login to those areas.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We use the Monarch Social Sharing Plugin to enable visitors to easily share content from our website via social networks. The Monarch Social Sharing Plugin generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Google Chrome you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Settings”, “Show Advanced Settings”, “Content Settings”, “Block sites from setting any data” and “Done”. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including our Lovestruck Wedding Planning + Design website.
Using Your Personal Information
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send to you our newsletter marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The Data Protection Act 1998
Lovestruck Wedding Planning + Design are exempt from notification under the Data Protection Act 1998.
However, we must still comply with the rest of the Act.